Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why has my Water Lily produced no flowers this year?

There are times when mine don%26#039;t bloom either. Some one told me that it could be that either the water is too hot or too cold and that they be too many in the pot and they may need to be separated into other pots. In my case, they needed to be separated into other pots, I even gave some away.

Why has my Water Lily produced no flowers this year?
Overcrowded plants will not bloom so this could be the cause.





You can generally tell if the plant is overcrowded because it will start to send some of it%26#039;s leaves up above the water instead of them just laying on the surface.





Divide in the spring.
Reply:With some varieties depth of water is crucial. Dividing the plants in the spring can help too. Also, make sure that they are not in moving water.


I don%26#039;t wish to add to your misery, but we adopted these measures this year and have had so far 11 blooms from one plant, with more to come! Much better than last year when we had 2 miserable blooms from several (overcrowded) plants.



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment