Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why don't my lily plants have a flower?

I planted lilies last year. They were not bulbs, but already plants with blooms. They all came back this year and are much bigger and the greenery looks great, but they yet to make a flower. Why? Is it still to early? I have planted more plants this year, and of course they all have flowers on them, but none of the ones I planted last year.

Why don%26#039;t my lily plants have a flower?
It is still too early in my zone (zone 5, U.S.), so maybe it is still early in yours. Often gardeners of plants that are new to them are fooled by what they see blooming in the stores, and think theirs ought to be following suit. But those plants are traised in ideal conditions in greenhouses, and timed to bloom at sale, often before they are really blooming in your zone. Not to worry -- I am sure you will be rewarded soon with big gorgeous lilies! Aren%26#039;t they grand?
Reply:Apparently lilies are a little picky about their environment. Check this site %26amp; make sure yours are in the right location:


http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_gener...



affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment